You don’t need us to remind you how important it is to start your day off right with the perfectly balanced breakfast. We know how easy it can be to fall into a boring breakfast routine. Eggs, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Toast, Fruit – lather, rinse, repeat. We’re showcasing four of our favorite superfoods that can be easily incorporated into your morning routine to pump up the flavor and the nutritional content of your favorite breakfast staples.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are high in protein, omega fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and fiber. We recommend making a delicious drink called “Chia Fresca” to make your mornings more enjoyable! Simply add 1.5 tablespoons of Chia Seeds to 2 cups of Coconut water, stir well and let sit for 10 minutes. Next add lime or lemon & stevia to taste.
- Acai Berry: Amp up the antioxidants in your granola parfait by adding 1/3 of a cup of frozen acai berries into the mix! The acai sorbet is high in polyphenols, omega fats, amino acids, trace minerals, vitamins, and supports a healthy cholesterol. It also adds a nice creamy, and cold consistency that will make you feel like your indulging in a delicious berry sorbet!
- Tumeric: Toss a pinch of ground turmeric into beaten eggs to add earthiness and cancer-fighting antioxidants to a veggie omelet.
- Flax Seeds: Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed in your bowl of oatmeal for brain-boosting omega-3 fats and two extra grams of fiber.
- Almond Milk: Almond milk is a dairy free, creamy treat that is packed with protein and healthy fats. Create a blueberry almond milk using 1 cup of almond milk & 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries! Blend & enjoy.